2009 – The Year Ahead
It is widely accepted that the economic climate is uncertain, and security is paramount in the minds of every business Owner, Manager or employee. This communication is not meant to cement the misery but to offer some help during this difficult period.
Due to the pressures of insecurity, lack of confidence and the inevitable impact of the Credit Crunch, businesses are losing valuable skills and experience that may just be the core ingredients for surviving and achieving through these tough times. These losses be through redundancies or employees feeling nervous about their futures and seeking new employment.
Permanent recruitment freezes are often imposed in such situations whilst cautious businesses respond to the economic environment. However, engaging temporary staff on specific assignments could be the short and medium term solution.
During a downturn, the quality of the accessible temporary workforce will improve, providing an opportunity for businesses to benefit from valuable skills without having to commit to permanent contracts and increasing fixed costs.
G.A.P. Recruitment is an independent, local recruitment solutions business, and as such, has low associated costs in supplying its service. This means using temporary staff does not have to be an expensive option but an affordable solution. Our success stems from the enviable partnerships we build with our clients, knowledge of the local employment market and the quality of our personal and honest service.
We would like to take the opportunity to highlight and reaffirm the benefits of utilising temporary staff as part of strategic planning;
- A temporary member of your team becomes a supplier invoice, on terms of up to 30 days, rather than a permanent commitment
- G.A.P. Recruitment is responsible for processing weekly payment, National Insurance, holiday pay and all statutory payroll requirements.
- Gain the flexibility of adapting to evolving market demands without permanent staffing commitment.
- G.A.P. Recruitment offer great terms on the temp-perm option – minimising risks associated with recruiting people.
- Temporary staff can be used for routine business functions whilst experienced staff are able to focus on core and critical issues.
- Temporary staff can be recruited quickly, whether in low or high volume, in response to market demands or special projects.
- As a client, you can control the duration of the assignment. Temporary staff can be increased or decreased as regularly as your business requires.
Maintaining strong working relationships with G.A.P. Recruitment could be invaluable when your business responds to the inevitable economic recovery. It will help the accurate and timely placement of personnel.
G.A.P. Recruitment appreciate that the current climate requires you to remain focussed, and harassment by frequent, pestering sales calls would not be welcomed. We build honest and genuine relationships, if you need our services, we are confident you will contact us.
If you would like the opportunity to discuss your options with regard to temporary staff, or want some advice on the local labour market for specific skills, please feel to contact us, and we will organise a time convenient to you to make an appointment. Our time and advice is free.
In the meantime, we wish you every success for 2009.